Our client is a market leading, nationally established developer of Utility scale Solar PV (photovoltaic) projects. They cover the US, EMEA and LatAm markets and have established are now looking to continue growing their existing presence in the Americas by further developing their presence in the West Coast. Growth and success in their business means that they are proactively seeking an experienced PV (photovoltaic) project development manager located in the West Coast who would be responsible for the development of the company’s project pipeline.
The ideal candidate will have experience and success in the development of Utility scale Solar PV (photovoltaic) projects, guiding the development of the project through land discovery and subsequent negotiations to construction. Our client prides themselves on employing the top talent in the market and through development, training and exposure to other experts in the field, they provide their teams with a platform to grow their careers in the long term.
- Directly overseeing all contractual and financial obligations to complete the project on-time and within budget.
- Overseeing the origination of new projects including identification of suitable land for ground-mounted utility scale PV projects in both the Americas
- Establishing and developing relationships with landowners and suitable sites.
- Lead project meetings to update and track the project progress.
- Work with pre-construction, procurement, and engineering to determine the best procurement strategy.
- Undertake and coordinate feasibility studies, development planning and project budgeting across the portfolio
- Contribute to the growth of PV/ Solar portfolio, working closely with the commercial teams.
- Continuously communicate with subcontractors and vendors to ensure they are meeting the required contract dates.
- Coordinate daily with site managers to confirm quality
- Participate in negotiations with vendors, sales representatives, and subcontractors to support the budget and project.
- Manage relationships with clients, vendors and subcontractors to support successful project execution.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering
- 5+ years experience in Utility scale PV project development
- To be detail-orientated and have the ability to multi-task.
- Strong management, planning and organisational skills.
- Some prior contract knowledge and negotiation experience.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing to commune with key stakeholders to exchange information, explain the project and to coordinate compliance efforts.
- Familiarity with new multifamily building design/construction processes.
- The ability to create and manage a schedule and budget to required margins.
- Understanding of financial models and management of budgeting cash flow.
Skills & Competencies
- Experience with software such as PVSyst
- Managerial and communication skills.
- Shows an understanding of the industry with a positive outlook.
- Must be detail and results orientated with the ability to work in a fast pace, constantly evolving environment.
This opportunity is ideal for a good project developer to join and learn from a recognised market leader in which they can develop their career while at the same time growing your reputation in the industry as an industry expert.
Please apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV in a Microsoft Word format. Please note that due to the quantity of applications we receive, only relevant applications will receive a response.