Having experienced extensive success in the Dutch PV (photovoltaic) market, our client is looking to capitalize on this and grow their team further.
Ranked among the top 5 players in the Global Solar Photovoltaic (PV) industry, they are looking for an experienced Development professional to bring on board in Amsterdam to cover all aspects of the development cycle from origination all the way through to successful close of RTB (ready to build) status.
This role will offer you the added benefit of flexible working with a modern office based in the heart of Amsterdam – it is also an excellent opportunity to join a Global leader in a role where you will have a direct impact on the success and direction of the business whilst learning from industry experts with a wealth of knowledge.
• Originates project opportunities and develops a pipeline of solar PV projects in the Netherlands
• Leads deal structuring and commercial negotiations with local developers for the acquisition of brownfield or ‘ready-to-build’ projects or for greenfield development engagements
• Effectively and professionally manages relationships with external stakeholders, including development partners, public entities (state, regional and local), legal and technical advisors, etc.
• Drives progress on the projects by coordinating different workstreams with other internal departments (g. Project Finance, Engineering, Legal, Sales, etc.)
• Ensures economic viability of projects/pipeline opportunities
• Significantly contributes to the definition of the company strategy in the Netherlands and leads its execution
• Keeps himself/herself fully informed on key market developments and industry news/events in order to quickly identify business opportunities
• Greenfield Development – Deep understanding of the ‘greenfield’ development process for solar PV power plants in the Netherlands (including site control, securing interconnection, permitting process, etc.). Good knowledge of associated business development costs.
• Brownfield and M&A Processes – Proven track record on buy-side project acquisition processes (g. NDA, exclusivity, LOI, MOUs, SPA, SHA, etc.), including deal and contracts negotiation
• Familiarity with the project finance function
• Deal Closer – The successful candidate will demonstrate an outstanding ability to close deals;
• Corporate Environment – Fully accustomed to working in an international corporate environment, strictly following internal processes, respecting compliance policies, etc.
Education & Training
• BSc or MSc degree
• MBA is a plus
Skills & Competencies
• Always delivers high-quality outputs, always on time
• Communicates clearly, effectively, to-the-point. Understands executive communication
• Superior coordination and facilitation capabilities, both with internal and external stakeholders
• Exceptional analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
• True team-player, understands the power of team collaboration
• Used to work under pressure, meeting tight deadlines in a very demanding environment
• Fluent in Dutch
• Self-driven, highly pro-active, can work with little/no supervision
• Never ‘drops the ball’, never forgets to follow up on his/her commitments
• Takes ownership and ‘gets things done’ independently (no excuses, no blaming others)
• Impeccable personal integrity and highest ethical and compliance standards
• Detailed-oriented, methodical, structured.
• Distils positive energy, shows empathy, exhibits an understanding attitude
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced professional to join a global leader and to take responsibility for the development of a key market.
Please apply directly to email@example.com with a copy of your CV in a Microsoft Word format. Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, only relevant applications will receive a response.