Our Client is among the top 5 players in the Global Solar Photovoltaic (PV) industry and are currently going through a very exciting growth phase within the business. As such they are looking for an experienced Business Development professional to bring on board in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
My client is established throughout the EMEA region and more globally however with the increased activity in the Dutch market, my client is increasing their EMEA footprint and are looking for an individual that has an established foothold in the industry. They will be looking for you to manage an existing pipeline of projects while at the same time generating new utility scale project opportunities. This role will offer you the added flexibility of a home office based in Amsterdam and is an excellent opportunity to join a Global leader in a lead role within the business where your results will have a direct impact on the growth of the business in the region.
- Originates project opportunities and develops a pipeline of solar PV projects in the Netherlands
- Leads deal structuring and commercial negotiations with local developers for the acquisition of brownfield or ‘ready-to-build’ projects or for greenfield development engagements
- Effectively and professionally manages relationships with external stakeholders, including development partners, public entities (state, regional and local), legal and technical advisors, etc.
- Drives progress on the projects by coordinating different work-streams with other internal departments (g. Project Finance, Engineering, Legal, Sales, etc.)
- Ensures economic viability of projects / pipeline opportunities (using the financial model and taking ownership on assumptions)
- Significantly contributes to the definition of the company strategy in the Netherlands and leads its execution
- Keeps himself/herself fully informed on key market developments and industry news/events in order to quickly identify business opportunities
- Greenfield Development – Deep understanding of ‘greenfield’ development process for solar PV power plants in the Netherlands (including site control, securing interconnection, permitting process, etc.). Good knowledge of associated business development costs.
- Brownfield and M&A Processes – Proven track record on buy-side project acquisition processes (g. NDA, exclusivity, LOI, MOUs, SPA, SHA, etc.), including deal and contracts negotiation
- Familiarity of the project finance function
- Deal Closer – The successful candidate will demonstrate an outstanding ability to close deals; that is, not only originating opportunities and following up on them, but also – most importantly – to progress the deal until final closing (e. until it generates revenues). Please note this process will entail significant ‘internal work’ (e.g. preparation of Investment Committee presentations, risk reporting, budgeting process, getting internal approvals, following compliance requirements, ensuring legal signoff, etc.)
- Corporate Environment – Fully accustomed to work in an international corporate environment, strictly following internal processes, respecting compliance policies, etc.
Skills & Competencies
- Always delivers high-quality outputs, always on time
- Communicates clearly, effectively, to-the-point. Understands executive communication
- Superior coordination and facilitation capabilities, both with internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- True team-player, understands the power of team collaboration
- Used to work under pressure, meeting tight deadlines in a very demanding environment
- Fluent in Dutch
- Self-driven, highly pro-active, can work with little/no supervision
- Never ‘drops the ball’, never forgets to follow up on his/her commitments
- Takes ownership and ‘gets things done’ independently (no excuses, no blaming others)
- Impeccable personal integrity and highest ethical and compliance standards
- Detailed-oriented, methodical, structured.
- Distils positive energy, shows empathy, exhibits an understanding attitude
Education & Training
- BSc or MSc degree
- MBA is a plus
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced professional to join a global leader and to take responsibility for the development of a key market.
Please apply directly to email@example.com with a copy of your CV in a Microsoft Word format. Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, only relevant applications will receive a response.