Our client is a globally established organisation that specialises in the development of Utility-Scale Solar PV (Photovoltaic) Projects. They are recognised as a market-leading company, with pipelines spanning almost 20 countries and have been working to provide cleaner energy for more than 15 years.
Having seen substantial growth and success in the last 6 months, they are looking to expand their Italian based team with a Senior Legal Counsel who is an expert when it comes to advising project teams throughout the project lifecycle.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual who wants to take a leading role with a dynamic, fast growing developer. The ideal candidate would have an in-depth knowledge of the Italian Solar PV market, and would be responsible for all of the legal issues resulting from the PV development cycle.
Must be educated to a minimum of Bachelors Degree in Law and fully qualified in Italy
- Assisting any corporate and business teams with legal advice, establishing any risks and opportunities that may arise
- Supporting the company teams on the due diligence required for the progression of development as well as all M&A activities
- Advice on any legal issues which enables you to provide support to all the departments of the company on a daily basis, with a focus on the Solar PV Project departments
- Provide legal advice on structuring deals and discovering alternatives when it comes to the acquisition of M&A opportunities for the business
- To review, negotiate and draft all project documentation and agreements (with the assistance of the junior legal counsel) relating to photovoltaic projects across Italy, including development agreements, SPAs, subcontracts, EPC and O&M contracts, supply agreements, real estate, and leasing agreements etc.
- To take charge of any corporate issues and affairs for the Italian base of the company
- Aiding the business teams when it comes to the project licensing and any execution activities
Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience within a legal position working on Solar PV projects
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Apply resourcefulness and creativity when it comes to finding the resolution to all legal matters
- Fluent in English and Italian, Spanish is a plus